[lbo-talk] Blue Dog victory? No says Nathan

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 09:12:53 PST 2006

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>On Nov 9, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>>Our dear, departed Nathan:
>>
>>>Let's be clear -- it wasn't just a good night for Democrats. It was a
>>>good night for progressives, and no media spin that these new elected
>>>officials are "conservatives" changes who they are.
>>
>>It must be nice to live in Nathan's head -- the warm breeze alone makes
>>it tantalizing. Sure beats thinking about Gazan morgues filling up daily,
>>among other imperial distractions. Focus on Comrade Pelosi (some
>>squinting required) and let that breeze envelope you, Nate.
>
>What in god's name is he talking about? They were elected in a vast
>outpouring of moderation.

[Bill Clinton, an expert on moderation if ever there was one, much agrees.]

Thursday, Nov. 9, 2006 9:25 a.m. EST

Bill Clinton: Election No Move to the Left by U.S.

In Ottawa Canada last night, former president Bill Clinton told a crowded forum that the election results were "a rejection of hard-headed, ideological politics in which people just make up their mind what the answer is and then they try to make the facts fit the answer," according to a report in the Toronto Star.

At a press conference before his address to a Jewish National Fund dinner, Clinton noted: "I think the American people prefer, first, a government that gets things done and is not mired in partisan gridlock." ...

Clinton told the dinner crowd that Americans, while more "culturally conservative" than Canadians, are at the core "a practical people," adding, "It would be a big mistake to read the results as some big move to the left in America." ...

<http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/11/9/92945.shtml?s=tn>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Use your PC to make calls at very low rates https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx