[lbo-talk] vapid corporate culture

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 11:39:53 PST 2006

Ever read Harry Frankfurt's essay, On Bullshit?

http://press.princeton.edu/chapters/s7929.html

Or Dave Frishberg's Blizzard of Lies:

We must have lunch real soon. Your luggage is checked through. We've got inflation licked. I'll get right back to you. It's just a standard form. Tomorrow without fail. Pleased to meet you. Thanks a lot. Your check is in the mail.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Your toes and knees aren't all you'll freeze

When you're in it up to your thighs.

It looks like snow, but you never know

When you're marooned in a blizzard of lies.

You may have won a prize. Won't wrinkle, shrink or peel. Your secret's safe with me. This is a real good deal. It's finger lickin' good. Strictly by the book. What's fair is fair. I'll be right there. I am not a crook.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Better watch your step when your old dog Shep

Can't even look you in the eyes.

You're cold and lost and you're double crossed

When you're marooned in a blizzard of lies.

We'll send someone right out. Now this won't hurt a bit. He's in a meeting now. The coat's a perfect fit. It's strictly fresh today. Service with a smile. I'll love you darling 'till I die. We'll keep your name on file.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.

And you're in for a big surprise.

When you're marooned, marooned, marooned

marooned, marooned, marooned,

marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.

A blizzard of lies.