[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 9 11:57:13 PST 2006

On Nov 9, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Jesse Lemisch wrote:

> What a kvetchy announcement, Doug! Can we locate the url for her
> magnificent
> debunking of Tom Frank in Stanley's new journal, Situations(?). Is
> that
> article what's eating you, Doug?

Kvetchy? I thought it was honest. I don't like obits that overlook the unpleasant bits. But when she was good, she was really good. And that piece on Tom Frank was Willis at her best, I thought. (The URL is <http://ojs.gc.cuny.edu/index.php/situations/article/view/30/26>, by the way. I'm not sure what you mean by "eting" me, since I've lodged plenty of criticisms of What's The Matter With Kansas over the last year or so.) That piece, and the Beginning to See the Light essay collection, which I thought was terrific. I loved the essay on "women's music."

Doug