[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 12:23:12 PST 2006

>I have no doubt that this is true. But what I sense here, with the body
>only
> a few hours cold, is vast disrespect, fairly customary on this list, for
> feminism and for this major feminist figure. Shameful beyond belief.
>
> Jesse Lemisch

Oh please. I didn't know Willis personally, and merely related an honest and hardly hostile anecdote about her. And how my comment could be construed as disrespectful towards feminism is mystifying.

Clearly, you are saddened. I'm sorry for your loss. Honestly. But please, in your sadness, don't shove words in my mouth. Thanks.

Dennis