[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Nov 9 17:10:56 PST 2006

Perhaps our criteria are a little different; "rage" in my lexicon suggests broken crockery. The responses Jesse got to the original admonition fell into the somewhat less intense category that I would call "pissed off" -- but maybe that's malespeak for "male rage." One must admit the possibility.

Then, too, there seem to be issues involved other than gender -- and in fact, malely, I wonder to what extent gender even is involved. I for one wouldn't have a good word to say for Todd Gitlin thirty seconds after his last breath. And I probably wouldn't wait 24 hours to say what I really thought, either. I feel as sure the same is true for many on this list as Jesse does to the contrary. Let's hope a kind fate will soon give us occasion to test the hypothesis.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org