[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Nov 10 05:21:42 PST 2006

It's clear that Lemisch came to the list yesterday, looking to be offended. He wanted to preen and pose, and it took very little to get his act going.

"Crragh."

"What did you say?"

"Huh?"

"Did you just mock my Aunt Clara's death?"

"Actually, I was clearing my throat."

"Sure you were."

"Your Aunt Clara died?"

"Ha! I see you take great pleasure in that!"

"No. I just found out, is all."

"And now you can't wait to piss on her still-warm body."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"How dare you use such a foul word only hours after my Aunt Clara passed!"

"Look, I'm sorry for your loss."

"No you're not. You're a vile person."

"Aunt Clara . . . wasn't she the one who hated cats?"

"This is outrageous! My Aunt just died and you don't have the basic decency to wait a day to mention her cat hatred! Who do you live with yourself?!"

"Yeah. Well, gotta run. See ya."

"'Gotta run'? You mean you gotta run down my Aunt Clara's sterling reputation! For shame, sir! For shame!"

Dennis