[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Nov 10 10:48:23 PST 2006

Jesse Lemisch wrote:

> there has been hideous rant here, over-the-top stuff

Ok, it's beyond all reasonable doubt now - you're delusional.

Doug

^^^^ CB: He's crazy like a fox. I think the comparison to a hypothetical Todd Gitlin obituary came as a set up just before he sent us his long essay on Todd Gitlin criticizing Todd Gitlin. J.L. has certainly gotten everybody to pay attention to him with his exaggerated criticism and more-feminist-than-thou posture.

I gotta give him credit for causing more focus on Ellen Willis than probably would have occurred otherwise ,and getting men to do a quick check of their feminist credentials.

He did it by making a horse's ass of himself and slandering/insulting a bunch of people on the list (which is the second thread he did that by my count) , but, hey, it worked - I guess. That's entertainment and no progress without struggle...and it ain't over yet !

Take it away, Jesse !