[lbo-talk] Ellen Willis dies

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Nov 10 11:52:51 PST 2006

At 12:38 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:
>You wouldn't be trying to impress the ladies with what a sensitive
>man you are, surrounded by brutes, would you Jesse?

I'm tryin' to make the A-list here, so I can be named a male-identified patriarchy fucker!

sorry, Jenny, I didn't forget you, but I didn't want to name you since you hadn't post yet and I didn't know where you stood on the conversation.

Also, Alas a Blog just linked to my Ellen Willis tribute post, which prominently featured Doug's commentary. So there! I don't have any sparking tesla coils -- but I do have a malfunctioning microwave -- and my big feminist blogger beats your discussion list like paper covers rock! (If you aren't getting it yet, JL, I am having fun with this at this point.)

Speaking of fun, Charles, your latest comments were an absolute hootin' nanny. Here are some funnies in honor of the dead burying the dead"

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

Mark Twain

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

Clarence Darrow

"He makes a very handsome corpse and becomes his coffin prodigiously."

Oliver Goldsmith

"I wish I'd known you when you were alive."

Leonard Louis Levinson

p.s. thanks John! Smoochiez to you, too. I'm glad the lovely JF rescued you (or something).

p.p.s you too Miles!

p.p.p.s. Stever, the name is B|L damn it!

p.p.p.p.s. Slowly becoming couth and less vile!

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, http://redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab: http://blog.pulpculture.org