[lbo-talk] Something else about Killing Joke singer becoming official EU composer

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 01:17:04 PST 2006

You wrote:

Longtime fans know you can divide (post-)punk vets Killing Joke into 4 distinct eras: 1) Their first and arguably best/most influential era began in a British unemployment line in 1978 and lasted 'til about 1984. During those years the Joke were part of an interesting post-punk milieu that included Gang of Four, UK Decay, Joy Division (a band KJ toured with in Joy Division's final year, incidentally), early PiL, and The Pop Group.

--

That's my favorite period of rock music history! I love early PiL, before Lydon turned into a self-parody. You left out the Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen and Bauhaus though. For shame! :)