[lbo-talk] Borat

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Nov 11 11:30:14 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Michael J. Smith wrote:
>
>> I'm a relative newbie here myself, but I'm quite delighted by
>> the combativeness of this list.
>

> I love combativeness - I just don't like personal insults.

I think we're stuck in a Monty Python skit:

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT? M: Well, I was told outside that... Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings! M: What? Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!! M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!! Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse. M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it. Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.

Miles