[lbo-talk] Re: trash talking the lumpenproletariat

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Nov 11 23:47:05 PST 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Jim Straub wrote:

> All of which is expressed amazingly in The Wire

And here's a way to connect our recurrent thread on how good The Wire is with speculation on the upcoming House. A friend sent me this long profile of Pelosi, written back when she was elected Minority Leader. It turns out that not only was she fledged in the Baltimore political machine (her Dad, Tommy the Elder, was a long-serving mayor throughout her childhood), but her older brother Tommy looks like the model for the one-term Italian mayor from the 60s that Carcetti keeps caucusing with:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/politics/cal/la-012603pelosi,0,7064273.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

Michael