[lbo-talk] Borat

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 20:18:39 PST 2006

At around 11/11/06 11:19 am, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> But tell us, Carl -- what American (or whatever) humorist or comedian do
> you find funny? That makes you laugh, I mean. And no high-falutin'
> Thurber/Perelman references, please. A figure(s) from the popular culture.

Jerry Seinfeld -- the antidote to Monty Python, Mel Brooks and all that other god-awful slapstick, obvious or over-reaching comedy that represents the pop art of the last generation re-interpreted as deep philosophy. Jeff Foxworthy makes me laugh too. Sometimes Jon Stewart. Humorist? You mean like Art Buchwald? ;-) Is Thurber still alive?

--ravi (that should improve this thread ;-))