[lbo-talk] choices [was: trash talking the lumpenproletariat]

Hank henry at inkworkswell.com
Mon Nov 13 14:09:27 PST 2006

At 11:51 AM 11/13/2006, Miles Jackson wrote:

>On behalf of social psychologists everywhere, I must point out that Woj is
>completely missing the point of the Milgram studies. The studies
>demonstrate that people do /not/ simply act on the basis of their own
>preferences and moral beliefs; rather, obedience norms are strong enough
>to compel normal people to apply a 450V shock to an unconscious person.

Dewd! Save your breath. Margaret from long ago, at the birth of LBO-talk, explained all this to him.

<http://search.lbo-talk.org/search/swish.cgi?query=milgram+margaret&submit=Search%21&metaname=swishdefault&sort=unixdate>

You have to kind of skip around b/c the threads not threaded properly, but it's mostly under the subject line, <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/1999/1999-May/009188.html>Intellectual Conservatism and Class Bias against Soldiers

When you need to communicate, Ink Works! http://www.inkworkswell.com +1 (727) 942-9255 +1 (484) 906-9255