[lbo-talk] people are talking about...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 14 12:57:21 PST 2006

Soooo, Jesse, my man, I just heard from a friend who'd heard from Todd Gitlin who'd heard from you that we were all dis'ing Ellen Willis within hours after her death.

Aside from the fact that the dis'ing is entirely of your invention (and I'm still waiting for some sign of all that feminist outrage you swore existed) I thought that was a pretty funny transmission path. Did you tell Gitlin you were dis'ing him here, even though he's not dead yet? I'm sure he'd be reassured to learn that you'd wait more than 24 hours after he flatlines to reprise your critique.

Doug