[lbo-talk] people are talking about...

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Tue Nov 14 16:07:00 PST 2006

Yes, of course I told Todd that I had said here that if he predeceased me, I would hold off criticism for 24 hours. He upped the ante, graciously volunteering to hold off criticism of me for 72 hours in the reverse circumstance. Of course he is fully aware of things that I have written critical of him. Todd has a good sense of humor, something absent here.

The rapid movement of information about a conversation I had with Todd at Ellen Willis's funeral supports Milgram's "Small World" experiment. The exhortation here to Willis, several days after her death, to see a shrink illustrates the barriers to communication between some parts of the left and feminism. I don't know whether Milgram ever ran up against this kind of situation, though there was criticism at the time of the experiment's not looking at such barriers across race.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Thornton" <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:28 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] people are talking about...