[lbo-talk] Jury duty

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Nov 14 20:47:52 PST 2006

> My understanding is that there are parts of the U.S. where the
> government has never been able to convict people of certain
> crimes, because the juries don't like the underlying law.

My silly little (local) example of this is public nudity in Berkeley. The city attorney finally asked the police department to stop arresting naked people because they were wasting time and money not getting the cases to, uh, stick. And everytime people heard about another person getting arrested, 10 more people would show up the next day, all naked as jaybirds. It was funny for a while, but then it kind of grossed me out, because really people: put some clothes on! :-)

/jordan