[lbo-talk] choices [was: trash talking the lumpenproletariat]

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 09:12:14 PST 2006

I hypothesize that the "the individual is culpable" and the "the social setting is culpable" approaches (like the free will vs. determinism debate they are clearly a variant of, or vice versa) are akin to Kantian antinomies of pure reason. Both lead to absurd conclusions when their internal logics are relentlessly applied, and they are a product of how our minds process ethical matters, not reflective of the actual world.