[lbo-talk] Jury duty

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 15 10:04:56 PST 2006

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>I may also add that if the "jury nullification" principle was to be the
>norm, I would have zero confidence in the justice system, both criminal and
>civil, because that system would be reduced to a mob rule or legal lynching.
>In such situation, I would be probably more receptive to the position held
>by the NRA that the best protection is not the legal system but the
>possession of fire arms, the more fire power the better.

You are a serious misanthrope. My wonderful Armenian divorce lawyer, as decent, intelligent, and skilled a lawyer and human being as one would be likely to meet, told me once that the jury system is the best thing to happen to the legal system -- and he clearly believed that wholeheartedly and passionately.

I'll take his word for it, rather than your (consistently) paranoid fantasies.

So glad I didn't grow up in Poland.

Joanna