[lbo-talk] Iran executes another queer

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:21:27 PST 2006

I followed the link and looked at the original Farsi text. Once again, it is a case of understanding what "لواط" [lavat] means. A person who engages in lavat is not necessarily gay, much as a person who engages in sodomy is not necessarily gay. Neither lavat nor sodomy is identical to consensual same-sex sex, let alone consensual same-sex sex between two self-identified gay men. Anyone who has read Foucault, Jonathan Ned Katz, etc. knows the difference with regard to sodomy. It's time for us to learn the difference with regard to lavat. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>