[lbo-talk] Re: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 35, Issue 149

Tim Francis-Wright tim at francis-wright.com
Wed Nov 15 21:59:35 PST 2006

joanna wrote:
> I mean, there used to be great TV. The Addams Family, Roseanne, Rocky
> and Bullwinkle, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Nureyev dancing with Miss Piggy
> on Sesame Street...
>
> Is there something like that now?

Forgive me my moment of pedantry, but Nureyev danced with Miss Piggy on The Muppet Show. Anyway, there is some good, even great TV, if you know where to look. Sesame Street two seasons ago had a great send-up of Dr. Phil--an obtuse TV shrink named Dr. Feel. I second Carl's recommendation of SpongeBob. And I am quite fond of the new Doctor Who series.

And if you don't agree with me, Roseanne is in reruns on cable, and most of Rocky and Bullwinkle is available on DVD.

--tim francis-wright