[lbo-talk] Wobbly fights for UFC Heavyweight Championship...

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 05:12:38 PST 2006

Oh yes, I almost forgot about this guy. I love this guy!

I remember hearing about him like a year ago -- one o those things where you go, 'Hmm, that's odd.' Like finding out the singer for Killing Joke is the official composer for the European Union, or that Gary Valentine of Blondie has authored a scholarly series of books on Satanism and the occult (both true). But I'm glad he's still out there, er, kicking ass.

-B.

Mike Ballard wrote:
> Jeff Monson, MMA fighter, anarchist and IWW
member, is fighting this weekend Saturday November 18th for the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
> Monson is a world renowned submission wrestler and
an ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship champion. He is also a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter and has a record of 22-5-0 and is on a 16 fight win streak.
> Monson also is known for his leftist political views
and affiliations. In an interview, he explained, "I am an anarchist, someone who would like to do away with all class hierarchy in society and the institutions that promote this inequality". He correspondingly receives sponsorship from AK Press and has several anarchist symbols tattooed on his body. In solidarity, Monson is a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (Wobblies).