[lbo-talk] Thesis, antithesis, thesis! ...

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 06:55:35 PST 2006

On 11/16/06, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:
> > I consider TV a great art medium.
>
> # "TV is a medium because it's neither rare nor well-done."
>
> Thank you, I'm here all week.

Funnily enough, that's what I like about it. They know how schlocky TV has historically been and don't take themselves too seriously. They don't yet give off that posturing auteur vibe you see in fictional "cinema" and novels. Personally I'll take TV over those two any day.

So take the 1970's version of Battlestar Galactica. It was so mindlessly right-wing and awful; for some crazy reason, its fans today frequently cite Reagan's charisma in denouncing the new one. It took some bravery to turn it into a serious TV show.

Tayssir