[lbo-talk] Thesis, antithesis, thesis! ...

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 16 09:46:26 PST 2006

>Sopranos was great too, but I didn't think cable counted.
>
>I'll give The Wire a try.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joanna

The best stuff is on cable, but there's good network tv. I don't get hooked on network stuff, like I did on the Sopranos, but there are some good things. I watched Desperate Housewives for the first time last week and it was really good. Sometimes I watch CSI, usually with the sound off. I like Boston Legal because I like James Spader. And there's great cartoons. Sponge Bob is a blast. And I love watching pop music and news shows on the local international channel. Stuff like "LA Seoul" and Bollywood music videos.

> >I mean, there used to be great TV. The Addams Family, Roseanne,
> >Rocky and Bullwinkle, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Nureyev dancing with
> >Miss Piggy on Sesame Street...
> >
> >Is there something like that now?
>
>Certainly, but you have to watch a lot of TV to find the gems.

That was true when all the shows Joanna listed were on too.