[lbo-talk] Hoyer beats Murtha...

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 08:58:13 PST 2006

On 11/17/06, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> "Michael J. Smith" wrote:
> >
> > ... for House majority leader. Does this mean anything at all?
> > Did Pelosi really go all-out for Murtha, or was it a token effort?
> > Do we care?
> No.
> Should we?
> No.

The US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation's ratings for Murtha, Hoyer, and Pelosi:

PA U.S. House 12 John P. 'Jack' Murtha Democrat -2 MD U.S. House 5 Steny H. Hoyer Democrat -6 CA U.S. House 8 Nancy Pelosi Democrat -5 <http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?sig_id=003519M>

Murtha would have been better than Hoyer, who is even worse than Pelosi. Hoyer's point is close to the worst in Congress on Israel/Palestine:

Tom Lantos, -9

Pelosi heading the Democratic Party, Hoyer taking the Democrats' No. 2 post, and Lantos chairing the House International Relations Committee, the US government will be more united (between the parties and between the legislative and executive branches) than the case where the Democratic Party had a different set of leaders.

When leftists cannot hope to take power and establish a leftist government, we should aim for a divided and weak government, which will be good for foreigners we like. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>