[lbo-talk] dang, I missed it

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Nov 17 09:30:15 PST 2006

bitch at pulpculture.org :

I doubt very many folks remember the incident ...

http://www.strike-the-root.com/61/death/death1.html

^^^^

CB: More from the visitor BL discusses is below. I pull out this maxim :

"the fundamental human right is the right to be left alone."

^^^^^^^

So, why wasn't Doug exercising his fundamental human right when he made the visitor leave him (us) alone ?

Isn't there a right to make asses leave you alone ?

For, the visitor had the nerve to admit this as well:

"Now, I will admit, I was an ass, and quite intentionally too." ^^^^^

"It took a little Googling, but I caught up with a couple of my former best enemies--Left-Statists all--and found their current mailing-list haunts. (Archaic though it seems, mailing lists are my favorite milieu; I prefer them to blogs or Web forums. Something about the discrete nature of mail messages satisfies more than typing into a text box in a Web browser.) I subscribed to these mailing lists (listed below [1] <http://www.strike-the-root.com/61/death/death1.html#1> ) and started browsing the archives. I selected the "lightest" one--lbo-talk, a general-purpose leftist discussion forum--and lurked a bit, then jumped into a thread. Now, I will admit, I was an ass, and quite intentionally too. I started out with a broadside in a debate involving the concept of adult pornography as exploitation of women in se (the idea is purest guano straight from the boil-encrusted asscheeks of Marx and his disciples, of course), inquiring about the possibility that the participants are actually capable of contracting their services in exchange for money and asking pointed questions about some other cherished Leftist shibboleths. I believe the wheels started to come off when I suggested for comparative consideration another "solution" to the "problem" of adult pornography, the practice among ultra-orthodox Jews, Christians, and Muslims of stoning the unchaste. (A very popular, "democratically-decided", and still-practiced solution to the "problem" of sexual immorality in general, but one which is of course anathema to this crowd. Hmm, I guess that that "diversity" isn't celebrated.) All this, of course, was perpetrated with heaping helpings of my typically acerbic and uncharitable style. My insightful and penetrating insights were not received well, to put it mildly. And lo! the very next day, the Commissar hauled me down to the tiled cellar and put the virtual bullet in the back of my head. Oh well. C'est la vie.... "

"...The point: as any Freedomista, anarcho-capitalist, Austrian economist, gun nut, Federal Reserve conspiracy-theorist, gold bug, secessionist, political monkeywrencher, dope-smoking marijuana-reform activist, civil libertarian or other amateur or professional contrarian possessed of even the most rudimentary understanding of his beliefs will tell you: the fundamental human right is the right to be left alone...."