[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 19 10:30:23 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> It's time for "the mass of antiwar protesters" to learn a lesson in
> realism from the Iraq sanctions and war: the existence of a government
> and citizens' welfare under it are not separate issues. It's the
> government that is responsible for welfare of citizens who live under
> it, from security to nutrition, sanitation to education, in any
> country where a modern government exists. Destroy a government, and
> citizens under it will suffer, deprived of what the government has
> provided them with.

That's funny, I thought I was responsible for things like nutrition and education for myself. The government doesn't do squat for me, other than repaving the roads over and over again. I haven't seen a dime in unemployment or other welfare from the government in years and I'm one of those workers who has slipped through the cracks thanks to the new economy.

The U.S. government should pull out of Iraq immediately and let Iraqis figure these things out for themselves.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/