[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:43:01 PST 2006

> On Nov 19, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > I do know that we, including you and I, are indirectly responsible for
> > the deaths of the poor Shi'ite workers in the story, the
> > responsibility that you refuse to acknowledge.
>
> That's preposterous. You & I are responsible because we couldn't stop
> George Bush from invading Iraq?

If it's not Americans, who are to stop the US government from sanctioning and invading Iraq or doing harm to any other country for that matter? Certainly not citizens of other countries, are they? We can't pretend we are not responsible for the US government's action at all, since it is not a fascist government, nor even a garden-variety dictatorship, though it is not a democracy that it is said to be.

It's time for us to think about that, not for the Iraqis, for it is too late for them, but for others who may suffer because of the US government's future actions. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>