[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:38:23 PST 2006

> On Nov 19, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Steven L. Robinson wrote:

> > many - perhaps most - of the liberal wing of the anti-war movement
> > took the view that "we should let sanctions work."
>
> I thought that was the liberal wing of the imperialist movement.

http://www.revolutionintheair.com/histstrategy/gulf1.html This article first appeared in CrossRoads No. 9, April 1991. A shortened version was included in Beyond the Storm: A Gulf Crisis Reader, edited by Phyllis Bennis and Michel Moushabeck (New York, Olive Branch Press, 1991). To order go to: http://www.interlinkbooks.com/BooksB/Beyond_Storm.html The Storm at Home Max Elbaum sketches a history and initial balance sheet of the U.S. movement against the Gulf War.

Contains an analysis of the two cotending anti-war coaltions.

-- Michael Pugliese