[lbo-talk] "you and I, are indirectly responsible"

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:50:48 PST 2006

> After Christian Parenti met a bunch of them, he said many were
> nihilists with no political program. Others said they'd rather
> destroy their country than let the U.S. have it; I wonder how many
> Iraqis would share that POV. When I first quoted him saying these
> things, Yoshie & Co. disagreed strongly, but it sure seems like
> Christian was onto something.

Does anyone have a link to this perspective?

Violence (and its threat) seems obviously useful in many situations, from maintaining a state, to unrestrained competition; massive costs to others are just a low priority. But it's surprising to me that there's a bunch of nihilists sustainably just killing people on their own resources.

Tayssir