[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 23:55:43 PST 2006

To actually answer your question, Doug, the rationale is almost certainly personal resentment and grief combined with the attitude that the Shiite apostasy must be destroyed even to the extent of murdering all Shiites, combined with somebody else's political ambition. Apparently there is an invisible person in the sky who tells Muslims whom it's all right to kill.

The Iraqi resistance is clearly peopled by the most appalling people who want nothing but evil for Iraq and Iraqis. At best - at best - their motives are revenge and the idea that violence is the way to solve their problems. Unfortunately, our presence gives these savages an excuse and a sort of social legitimacy.

The rationale for this kind of barbarism can be summed up in one word: "Them".

The fact that America has now allied itself with Jews AND Shiites (at least as far as Sunni propoganda is concerned) is a total nightmare. To have sailed into a muslim country where the Shiite/Sunni conflict has such huge violent potential was completely insane. So far as I know, Sunnis and Shia have been in continuous violent conflict literally ever since the splitting off of the Shiites. Somehow we thought a centuries-old violent conflict wasn't going to crop up when we destabilized the whole country.

Really defies reason.

boddi