[lbo-talk] the Iraqi resistance at work

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:15:17 PST 2006

This is completely ridiculous.

How is blowing up the Golden Mosque in Samarra resisting the Americans?

It's insane to call that "resistance". Did the French Resistance blow up Notre Dame?

There is resistance to Americans and there is disgusting, reactionary, racist and religious civil war going on at the same time. I mean that's just inarguable.

No rational person can possibly justify the kidnapping and murder of thousands of innocent civilians by death squads and this insane bombing of civilian Iraqis because Americans are there. And can you even stomach the justification for this conflict? What, to put in a regime like Iran - a hideous, backwards theocracy?

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. Sometimes he's the enemy of my enemy because he's an even worse fucking scumbag. I don't see anything noble in the Iraqi resistance right now. It has been reduced to bad fighting worse.

The problem is that we are undermining and de-legitimating the decent people of Iraq who, OF COURSE would rather work with the Americans and the coalition than the savages of Al-Qaeda.

Look at the Kurds. They worked with the Americans and they have also developed a reasonably decent regime that has the support of the people. Their militias actually help protect Kurds from Arabs and Turks.

"Resisting the Americans" is not the signal moral test here.

When you smash a country to bits, the violent scumbags quickly start running it. Americans bear responsiblity from creating total political and practical disorder. But shooting children and cutting off people's heads because they worship the same god in a slightly different way is an Iraqi failing.

Just stop this lame, PC "more-disapproving-of-the-Americans-than-thou" nonsense.

Boddi