[lbo-talk] History

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:55:08 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:
> condemns any American (and Western) liberals and leftists

Well, I know I shouldn't condemn those who thought that the US forces should stay in Iraq to bring law and order to Iraq, prevent a civil war, etc., but I do get impatient with them, to be perfectly honest with you. It's not for nothing that the era of colonialism eventually came to an end: colonialism tends to generate fierce resistance to it.

I thought that all leftists, if not liberals, would have known that. But the relative ease of the NATO war on Yugoslavia may have given them a wrong expectation. Sometimes, natives don't resist foreign troops, and a sector of them, like Albanians in Kosovo, positively welcome them. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>