[lbo-talk] Juan Cole on Responsibility (was the Iraqi resistance at work)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Nov 21 07:44:53 PST 2006

I'd say that America is more a liberal plutocracy than a liberal democracy, but, still, it's not a dictatorship, so we had better assume our shares of responsibility. Our refusal to assume them only contribute to the "it's not our fault" meme, which goes hand in hand with the racist "it's the Iraqis' fault" meme, dominant in American culture. -- Yoshie

^^^^ CB: Actually, the U.S. _is_ a dictatorship of the bourgeoisie on questions that implicate the class struggle such as the war on Iraq. "Liberal plutocracy" is a euphemism for dictatorship of the bourgeoisie.