[lbo-talk] Qaeda at Work (was the Iraqi resistance at work)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 09:33:00 PST 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 12:24 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Bernard Fall made about resistance
> movements: they ALWAYS kill far more of their fellow citizens than
> they
> do of the enemy, and to make an analytic point of such occurrences is
> either real historical ignorance or deliberate obfustication.

Two people have asked you, and I'll ask you again: the French people killed by the resistance - were they caught in the crossfire, collaborators, or members of competing branches of the resistance? And what was the ratio of French to Germans? In Iraq, it seems to be about 30/1, or maybe 300/1, Iraqis to Americans.

Doug