[lbo-talk] BBC NEWS | Indian boy wins world peace prize

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 11:23:31 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6164134.stm
>
> An almost good story. It would have made the neolib blotter of India
> Shining moments, I am sure, if only young Om had gone on to become a
> systems analyst at Infosys Technologies! ;-)
>

> > Indian boy wins world peace prize

As is typical of non-resident Indians, you are woefully out of touch with reality. "Systems Analyst at Infosys Technologies" is old hat. Om would be far more likely to make the "neolib blotter of India Shining moments" (whatever that might be) if he founded a start-up in, say, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, that created a world-class product that people in, say, Nashville, Tennessee, bought not because it was cheaper than equivalent local products but better than what they could buy locally.

Sujeet