[lbo-talk] Houston Janitors Victorious!

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Nov 21 12:07:17 PST 2006

> On Nov 21, 2006, at 1:48 AM, Steven L. Robinson wrote:
>
>> Nov. 20, 2006, 9:37PM
>> Houston janitors reach deal to end strike
>
> So, anyone know how this happened? Houston doesn't seem like the
> friendliest venue.

Funnily enough, the big cities of Texas are surprisingly sane. Austin is an underappreciated gem, and Houston is, so I've been told, bubbling over with multicultural movements and local activism of all kinds. Dallas-Ft. Worth is more conservative and sprawlish, but still has its points. I don't know anything about San Antonio or El Paso, though.

-- DRR