[lbo-talk] Qaeda at Work (was the Iraqi resistance at work)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Nov 22 06:44:28 PST 2006

Yoshie:

I'd rather go to Iran and do people-watching at Vanak Square in the affluent northern Tehran -- that's where chic cafes and nice shops are, smartly dressed young people -- many of them secular and liberal and perhaps English-speaking -- hang out, and those who are so inclined can pick up hustlers and prostitutes (or so my Persian teacher -- such a darling! -- tells me). :->

^^^^^ CB: Speaking of surreal, why would one want to pick up a hustler ? They're going to hustle you, i.e. rip you off :>)