[lbo-talk] Resistance in History (was [Fwd: video])

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:08:52 PST 2006

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> > Nazis began immediately after liberation of occupied territories.
> > French Resistance forces summarily executed, after cursory trials,
> > about 10,000 accused collaborators as a part of "justice at the
> > cross-roads." (Euna Lhee, "Changing Memories of French Collaboration
> > and Resistance in World War II: A Film Analysis,"
> > <http://www.jhu.edu/hurj/Issue3/research-lhee.html>)</blockquote>
>
> For all I know, the 10,000 might have deserved it.

They might have, but then again they might not have. How do you know?

Also, how many German occupiers did the French Resistance kill? Not many. For they were harder to kill, and successful killings of them would invite massive collective punishments.

> I'm relieved to learn they didn't kill Huguenots.

You attempt to suggest that all who have taken up arms in Iraq are sectarian killers of Qaeda types, by focusing only on their actions and denying legitimacy of any other currents, must be very comforting to the imperialists (i.e., if they are paying attention to any leftists, which probably is not the case)! -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>