[lbo-talk] More drugs please?

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Thu Nov 23 05:46:39 PST 2006

At 2:05 AM -0800 23/11/06, joanna wrote:

>It seems to me that it's not the kids who are insane.

Not yet. But insanity is very often a self fulfilling diagnosis. Psych drugs are bad news for adult brains, the long term effects on children's brains is something only time will tell. Which is to say its an experiment and poor little Fate Riske, 3, of Fond du Lac, Wis. is the guinea pig.

Yes, tantrums are normal. Watching movies over and over is normal and as for and pulling apart sandwiches and other such stuff, well what does any of it matter anyhow? I guess what it comes down to in the end is a parent's tolerance levels and perhaps this new obsession with drugging children is related to the fact that other methods of control, such as smacking, have become taboo in some circles.

Too bad for the kids if the experiment with chemical control turns out to have unexpected side effects.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas