[lbo-talk] Re: Kael (was Edelstein on Altman)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Nov 24 22:47:54 PST 2006

Well actually, though I don't agree with her judgement of Last Tango, I found myself nodding at most of the stuff you quoted.

People get very pretentious about movies and I thought she injected a certain healthy .....skepticism.

Why do we have to have a serious love of film "as aesthetic expression"? Why can't we just love it, period?

Joanna