[lbo-talk] My interview with Litvinenko in the papers

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 07:17:14 PST 2006

On 11/25/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:Considering that his story included the claims that the FSB trained Zawahiri and masterminded 9/11, I am not suprised the world did not listen.

This sounds nutty, from a World Net Daily writer, http://www.jrnyquist.com/nyquist_2005_0813.htm Is Al Qaeda a Kremlin Proxy? , contains an excerpt from a interview w/Litvenenko from a Polish magazine. But, http://www.financialsense.com/stormwatch/geo/pastanalysis/2002/0716.htm

notes a WSJ article, "How a Secret, Failed Trip to Chechnya Turned Key Plotter's Focus to America and bin Laden, " which s/b far more reliable on Zawahiri and the FSB. Y. Bodansky's books, noted there, have tons of info gleaned from Arab newspapers but, also loads of , "Confidential Informant, " leaks from agenda driven right-wingers.

>...Radical Islam was long ago infiltrated by Moscow's agents -- as evidenced by East German and Cuban support for the Saudi Islamists who attacked the Grand Mosque in 1979, as well as the KGB's clandestine role in provoking the Iranian hostage crisis during the Carter administration (see Bodansky's Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America, p. 9). <SNIP> An acct. of the attack on the Grand Mosque can be found in Steve Coll's book on bin Laden, the CIA and Afghanistan. Not a hint there of any Soviet involvement in that. Though I have seen over the yrs. allegations of Soviet involvement in the Embassy takeover/hostage crisis. Will look later today at the recent books by the guy who wrote Black Hawk Down on the crisis and a couple of other newish books on that.

-- Michael Pugliese