[lbo-talk] Qaeda at Work (was the Iraqi resistance at work)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 12:33:49 PST 2006

> On Nov 25, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > But the thing is that we don't
> > suffer from the difficulty that confronts the Iraqis, even though we
> > are among those who have caused it.
>
> Almost no one likely to read your words "caused" the difficulties
> Iraq is suffering through. As someone pointed out to me offlist
> recently, this line of yours is pure liberal guilt.

You posted earlier in the same thread:

> On Nov 20, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > It looks to me that it's a case of avoiding _only_ our
> > own responsibility
>
> This is so ludicrous I have a hard time believing you're serious.
> Someone suggested to me offlist yesterday that you don't write to
> convince people anymore, just to shock. He may be right. At least Ann
> Coulter attacks her ideological enemies, though.
>
> Doug

It looks like the refusal to take one's share of responsibility for wars, sanctions, and other doings of the empire has expanded to a refusal to take responsibility for statements one makes as well: "someone" said "offlist." :-> -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>