[lbo-talk] Re: Kael (was Edelstein on Altman)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 22:25:43 PST 2006

Brian wrote:

>(Kael's know-nothing approach)

What's your take on John Ford's know-nothing approach?

Bogdanovich: Mr. Ford, I've noticed that your view of the West has become increasingly sad and melancholy over the years. I'm comparing for instance, The Wagonmaster with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Have you been aware of that change in mood?

Ford: No.

Bogdanovich: Now that I've pointed it out, is there anything you'd like to say about it?

Ford: I don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/tv/reviews/7352/directed-by-john-ford/