[lbo-talk] A Day When Mahdi Army Showed Its Other Side

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 27 07:02:12 PST 2006

========================== The issue is not whether they have a political program. They do. It is that of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It depends how you feel about that program. The program is contradictory, like all populist programs tend to be - aimed at reducing class inequality but accompanied by a lot of reactionary beliefs derived from rural culture. However, populists also have to adapt to the urban classes and culture when in power. Most differences with Yoshie turn on what elements of this worldview are emphasized.