[lbo-talk] David Walsh on Robert Altman

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Nov 27 12:11:26 PST 2006

I do not think leftists are congenitally incompetent.

But if you are going to be an arts critic, you should have an understanding of the medium you are critiquing. Or has that become passe in the 21st century?

Brian

^^^^^ CB: Here's a wild guess. David Walsh has a different aesthetic than you do. Rather than sort of call him names, why not figure out what his theory of art is, and then critique that rather than just call him "dumb."

On the other hand, that's not your _style_. Who am I to ask you to do that ?