[lbo-talk] Afghanistan Combat Will Define NATO's Future at Summit in Riga

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon Nov 27 16:16:33 PST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On the need for US pre-eminence? Absolutely. Not a whimper of dissent
> at the elite level. The masses, well, hard to say. But the swells are
> 100% united.

There's very little discussion around the issue of US aristocracy considering that so many of the lettered members of the list must have at one time or another rubbed shoulders with family members of that class. Perhaps some of us are 'at home' within that circle.

And yet it seems that I have some faint recall of a denial that a 'ruling class' actually exists in the US.

What _is_ your position on the issue of US aristocracy, ruling class, elite or swells ?