[lbo-talk] what the Dems must do

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 06:34:20 PST 2006

Doug Henwood posted:

>[Sometimes I wonder what planet these things are filed from. What about
>the Dem party makes Greider thinks they're likely to listen to any of
>this? Ankle-biting enforcers?]

><http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20061204&s=greider>

I pay about as much attention to _The Nation_ as I do to watering the cactus on my windowsill, but my impression is that Greider is just playing out the string. There's a platinum timepiece in the great beyond somewhere. He's always had a dubious talent for being overly prolix where an economy of words will do, but this waterfall of wishful thinking can be summarized thusly: we know from bitter experience that the Dems are slaves of neo-liberal rationality, but THIS TIME if we pwogs pull out all the stops... Huh? Especially precious is his paean to the recently elected economic populists (who are basically easily manipulable nativist-protectionist America firsters) and his simultaneous backhanding of the recently elected social conservatives... a little scrutiny would reveal that by and large these are the SAME PEOPLE.

John Gulick Akita-city, Japan

_________________________________________________________________ Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/