[lbo-talk] The Yoshie Syndrome

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Tue Nov 28 18:47:36 PST 2006

On 29 nov. 06, at 10:16, boddi satva wrote:

> In general terms, conservatives - whether in Iran or the U.S. - raise
> "values" above the community those values are meant to serve. We on
> the left raise up the community as the sovereign. Regimes based on the
> old religions will never raise the community above God.

My mother used to systematically be in the "opposition". Under Giscard (that's as far as I remember), under Mitterand, under Chirac etc. It always struck me as the sanest choice. Because whoever is in place, is not in place to relieve us from capitalism but to make it either worse or "less worse".

From that I learned one thing: don't be picky about the tools you use to pressure who is in place. Because conservatives and capitalists are not picky about the tools they use to make you pay what they want you to pay.

Jean-Christophe Helary