[lbo-talk] post-scarcity economy?

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:59:21 PST 2006

On 11/28/06, bitch <bitch at pulpculture.org> wrote:

> ps. can't believe it, he's calling cultural creatives -- the creative class
> -- the 'new' silent majority. i want to upchuck.

Bunch of privileged New Age crap. Give me Jello Biafra!

http://www.culturalcreatives.org/bigpicture.html via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Creatives

>...It means that if you hunger for a deep change in your life that moves you in the direction of less stress, more health, lower consumption, more spirituality, more respect for the earth and the diversity within and among the species that inhabit her, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

You are one of a growing number of people who want to see deep, integral change in the cultures that have evolved in industrialized nations.

One of the main reasons we have written this book is that we want to make cultural creatives visible to each other. We want cultural creatives to realize that we are the isolated many, not the isolated few. We want to invite cultural creatives to find new ways to work and learn together.

Like everyone else, we're radically uncertain about what happens as more and more of us answer this call to be in service to the world, in service to this emergence of a new, integral culture.

Systems theory helps us understand that none of us can fully see the culture that is emerging. It's a process. It's a birth. And we have to work together to get from here to there.

-- Michael Pugliese