[lbo-talk] Glen Ford on Obama's turn to the right

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:14:14 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [visit the site & contribute!]
>
> <http://www.blackagendareport.com/006/006a_gf_obama_winds_of_war.php>
>
> Barack Obama and the Winds of War: Turning Right by BAR Executive
> Editor Glen Ford
>
> "Obama's focus on gamesmanship has rendered him virtually useless in
> the struggle to end the occupation and war in Iraq."

>From the beginning C.G.E. & I (and I believe some others) tried our best
to point out the error of those who were practically having orgasms over B.O. that they were following a false god. (Just as, 54 years ago, I followed a false god [Adlai] with the same roots in the Cook County DP machine.) We were accused by some on the list of being "purist." Hah! Perhaps we were, if by purist one means someone who thinks raw sewage needs some purification before it is fit to drink.

Carrol